Monday, December 24, 2012

'Twas the Night Before Christmas....

 
 
My darling little Presley and Kourtney,
Your sleeping soundly right now and you have no idea what Mommy and Daddy have been
up to. You look so cute in your Christmas jammies that I bought you especially for tonight and they have blue and red polka dotted deer on them. We have set up a little table and chair set that is a gift from Mimi and Great Grandma and your Daddy even set the table for you with play food. Presley you are having a Pop Tart tomorrow and Kourtney your Daddy set your plate with a bagel. We also set up your play supermarket that is a gift from Mommy and Daddy. Everything is all ready to go and I can't wait to see your faces run down the hallway and see all your new toys and gifts. Of course, gifts aren't what Christmas is all about and when you're a little older I will explain it all to you. We set out milk and cookies for Santa and although you're still a little too young to know about him and what he is all about, you do know that something special is happening and you've been after those gifts everyday non-stop for the past couple of days and you love to rip the bows off. Daddy ate the cookies and drank the milk that you left out and we're going to sit back and drink some hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies snuggled up together tonight. I can't wait til I can tell you all about Santa and do the Elf on the Shelf with you. One day, I will tell you all about how Mommy and her best childhood friend, Liz, use to unwrap the presents every year and then re-wrap them and put them back underneath the Christmas tree late at night when everyone was asleep. Or how Great Grandma would let me see or tell me what I got for Christmas but would make me promise not to tell. When I was growing up I use to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and then come home and unwrap my Christmas presents but your Daddy is more of the traditional Christmas morning unwrapping gifts type so I guess we are going to go with that tradition for you as well. And if Nana were here we would be eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast since that was also your Daddy's tradition. Mommy and Daddy are going to bed now and tomorrow, my loves, is going to be so magical for you! Sleep tight little ones.
Love,
Mommy
 
 














 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment