Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Currently....


Loving: all the fun stuff that we have been doing lately! Since it is summer and not RSV season we have been doing all sorts of fun things like going to Great America Waterpark, going to the local pool and park, shopping in the mall, and the zoo. Even going to the grocery store has been fun for us because it makes us feel "normal". These are all things and places that other parents take for granted. Once late September/early October roll around it is back into lockdown indoors for us to try and escape RSV incidents. Praying for no hospital trips this season!

Reading: I am not much of a book reader. I think I got totally burnt out when I was working on my Masters to even want to read anything else. That was 3 years ago....haha! I would much rather spend my time sewing or doing other arts and crafts.

Watching: I have a guilty pleasure when it comes to trash TV. During the day the TV is only on to watch a few episodes of My Baby Can Read, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Spongebob Squarepants, and Bubble Guppies. So when the girls go to bed I like to watch Real Housewives of New Jersey (I know, I know....*sigh*), and I have been watching How I Met Your Mother now for a while (season 2 now).

Listening to: The irls LOVE music and they love dancing to it as well so I play all different kinds. Everything from Snoop Dogg to George Strait gets played in this house. Daddy has even taught them how to head bang. Haha!

Thinking About: I guess this is something I have already thought about and decided but I am changing the girls' room theme. The walls will stay the same and the chandalier isn't going anywhere but I am currently sewing some new bedding for them which is a beautiful Sarah Jane Out to Sea fabric. It has mermaids, warhals, maps, and girl pirates and I think it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. It matches the girls' walls which are painted with pink and white vertical stripes so although I loved their shabby chic nursery I am ready for a change. I will post before and afters when it is complete!

Suprised by: How fast time is flying! Time flies when you are having fun and I cannot believe it is September in a couple of days!!!!

Making me sad: How fast time is flying by! I went through the girls clothes the other day and had to pack a lot of them away because they were too small. They are currently in 9-12 month clothes and I know this is small for being 1 1/2 and that I have gotten to keep them little just a little longer than most people, it still doesn't make it easier. I actually cried when putting them away alongside all of their preemie clothes. We aren't planning on any more children since it would be really risky with the type of C section that I had (vertical, old school style) so these are my babies and they're growing so fast! Slow down for Mommy little ones I am having a hard time catching up! I plan to cut them up and make a quilt out of them so that we can cuddle with them and remember but I am still waiting on a few more pieces that still fit them. And I can't bear the thought of cutting them up right now.

Making me happy: My little girls. I thank God every day for letting them live. There are so many micropreemies out there that don't and I will never know why the girls made it and those didn't. I just thank God because I needed them here with me and they complete me in every possible way. I love all the new stuff they are learning like where their body parts are, and the way they interact with each other and give each other kisses when noody is looking. Love you P & K!

1 comment:

  1. you're so blessed!

    and i wish i could sew!! i'm going to try and get daniel's grandma to teach me.

    ReplyDelete