Monday, April 23, 2012

Great Nana and Grandpa's Visit

Whew! What a week! It seems it has been forever since I posted and it seems everytime I get a little bit of time I think about posting something comes up and I am off to do that. A week ago my Nana came to visit the girls along with her boyfriend, Curt, all the way from Florida. Presley and Kourtney, this is your Great Nana. Grandpa came too, along with Grandma Della a couple of days later and we all had a good time. We mostly visited, talked, and played and I think the girls enjoyed it a lot. Nana brought some hats that she crocheted for the itty bitty babies in the NICU so I am excited to take those to California Pacific next time I happen to be over in that area. It is amazing how small they look but yet when Presley and Kourtney were born they fit just right. Amazing. Nana also bought the girls the Fisher Price Little People Sound Zoo and they absolutely love it. It seems they love zoo animals and penguins are their favorite. They is not a day that goes by that their isn't a fight over who gets the penguin. I really need to find some more penguin toys. Grandpa and Grandma brought the girls their first pairs of tennis shoes. Nike of course! It is hard to find walking shoes that have a rubber sole and are not just the typical crib shoes with the soft bottoms because the girls are still in a size 2 which would normally fit a 3-6 month baby.

K helping Grandpa put her new toy together


Jump! Jump! Jump!

Silly girls thought the air mattress was a moon jump!

P with her new zoo

Playing with Grandpa

P with Grandpa before bedtime



Tickle time!


Grandpa feeding K her breakfast

Great Nana with K, Grandpa with P

Great Nana

Great Nana with Presley
New shoes!
K gets kisses from Grandpa before bedtime
Grandma Della and Presley

I love you Great Nana!
 We all took a great walk on the San Andreas Trail one afternoon which is one block from the house and everybody loved it. I haven't really written about it yet until now but it is my favorite trails to walk along. It is by Crystal Springs Reservoir and it is just amazing beautiful, serene, and a nice hike with hills and valleys. Their is a more challenging trail that is across the street from the house but that one is really going to be too dangerous for a stroller to go on since it has a pretty steep hill at the very beginning. I love to bring the girls here on nice days during their nap time and although I haven't been going lately because of the weather, we are really starting to get beautiful weather here and I look forward to making it a daily activity. It is going to be so great after being cooped up in this house for the past couple of months. I normally have the girls sitting in the stroller so that they can see what is going on around them but it happened to be crazy windy and a little chilly this particular day so I didn't want to chance them getting sick. It might have been chilly and windy but the sun was out and it was BEAUTIFUL! It was so nice to have my family to go on the hike with me this time since I usually go alone.

Grandpa pushing the girls


Grandpa and Nana


Me, Grandpa, and Grandma


Me, Grandpa, Great Nana, and Curt

Grandma and Grandpa

Great Nana and Curt

I love this trail!

Tree tops



Grandma, Grandpa, Great Nana, and Curt, and the girls




Travis took Grandpa and Curt up to the airstation to show them the helicopters that he works on and they enjoyed it and snapped a few pictures for us girls that stayed home.



The week went by very fast--too fast--as always and we were so sad to see everybody go but we always look forward to seeing them when they come back for another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment