Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Goodbye 20's, Hello 30's!


Well I'm 30! Wow what a difference a decade makes! 10 years ago I had no idea what was in store for me, where I would be living, or what I would be doing. And here I am today living in San Francisco, married to a great guy, and have two little girls that melt my heart every single day. 

I have to admit I was a little sad to be hitting the big 3-0--you know, just because of the whole getting older thing and because I won't be able to say I'm in my twenties anymore. Or the fear that I won't still get carded for alcoholic beverages but I got over it (like I had a choice haha!) and realized that I'm totally blessed to see 30. Or 31. Or tomorrow really and I'm determined to make 30 fabulous! It'll be interesting to see what my 30's hold! 

As far as my birthday this year, I was blessed to have Mimi and Grammie here to help me celebrate and we ate some pizza and some yummy ice cream cake.  When it came time to sing Happy Birthday, the girls wanted in my lap and as everyone was singing, they blew out my candles for me. Three times. Hehe! They just kept on doing it as soon as Daddy would light them. I think Travis got the perfect picture of it and it was just so sweet!! One of my new favorite pictures now :)  After cake, Travis and I took off for some alone time at the mall and just got to hang out for some one on one time that we never get anymore. 

Here's to making 30 fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment