Monday, May 20, 2013

A Visit to the Academy of Science



So one of the things on our Summer Bucket List was to visit the Academy of Science Museum in Golden Gate Park. I had a lot of fun and so did the girls but our favorites were definitely the rainforest and the aquarium parts of it. I *tried* my best to not take too many pictures or spend as much time in the aquarium because we are going to the huge Monterrey Bay Aquarium in 3 weeks but I couldn't help it as sea life has always been my favorite. I loved watching the girls be fascinated with everything. Kourtney loved watching the butterflies in the rainforest and would stick out her hand trying to get one to land on her little palm. They were flying everywhere and I was hoping they would land on her hand for her like she wanted but they never did. Maybe it was because Presley was throwing a tantrum. It was just so beautiful in there and warm. Everything was so green and the sound of the waterfalls was just so relaxing and peaceful. Presley loved the aquarium part the most and was yelling and chasing the fishies as they swam by. Everyone was laughing and watching her. She puts on quite the show! I wish she would have been able to see the huge floor to ceiling aquarium but by the time we got to that she was fast asleep. No worries though as we will be going to that huge aquarium soon anyway. The seahorses, sea dragons, jelly fish, and starfish have always been my favorites and it was nice to just walk and be somewhere so peaceful. The girls behaved pretty good.....as good as you're going to get for 2 two year old toddlers so all in all it was a great trip!
 






















What's an outing without a toddler tantrum?
































No comments:

Post a Comment