Sunday, July 6, 2014

Thank You San Francisco for an Amazing Adventure




San Francisco has SO much to see--so many attractions, hikes, views, places you need to eat at, and secret spots that unless you live there your whole life I don't think you would ever be ale to see all of them--heck, I don't think most of the people that live there that I met did most of the things that we did! Anyway, we got to San Francisco in December of 2009 and since Travis was just getting out of A school at that point, there was a lot to do at work and he often had to stay late getting things signed off, and learning the ropes of the airstation. He was also put on nights, which at the time, was horrible. The chief there would work them from 4pm to sometimes 5 in the morning! Needless to say, he was tired all the time and we weren't able to do much exploring at all. By 2010, I was pregnant with the girls and was so nauseous that I didn't feel like doing much and 2011 brought new challenges when the girls were born at 25 weeks and we did zero exploring that year with two preemie newborns at home. So, we didn't get to experience San Francisco a whole lot the first 3 years we were there and since we had Presley's medical issues we didn't do much in the wintertime thereafter either. This of course made me sad and time was running out, so before we left, Travis took some time off and we explored San Francisco. Some places we had already been, some we hadn't, it was fun! Here are some pictures from our adventures at the Palace of Fine Arts, Water Temple, and Viloli Estate.

Cheese faces at the Water Temple

Me and the girls outside Filoli Estate
 
Water Temple

Lombard Street

Filoli Estate
 


Palace of the Fine Arts









We also had a chance to take some photos with my photographer friend, Jenni before we left:




Family picture in front of the Full House houses in Alamo Square Park








Lovers Lane in the Presidio


It was a great way to say goodbye to a great city! I feel so lucky to be able to say that my little girls were born in San Francisco! California Pacific Medical Center is one of the top NICUs in the country and I often think about how lucky we are that God sent us to San Francisco. He knew the girls would need this hospital and these doctors--it was in His plans all along. You see, San Francisco wasn't our first choice when Travis was picking out where we wanted to go--our first pick was Atlantic City, NJ. But someone that was ahead of Travis in line, picked it right before him and so we ended up with San Francisco. Fate is funny like that, if Travis had been number 1 in line, he wouldn't have picked San Francisco, if the guy hadn't picked Atlantic City right before him, we would've been in New Jersey this whole time. And if we wouldn't have ended up here, I don't know that the fate of the girls would have been the same. I don't know if they would be here today. I don't like to think of the "what ifs" but I can't help think of what might have been had we not lived here. The famous phrase "I left my heart in San Francisco" really holds true for me and always will. Where my little girls were born, among the mountains and bay......where two little 1 lb miracles came into our lives.....thank you San Francisco.

The girls in front of the hospital where they were born.....3 years later on the exact day they came home. June 7th, 2014

The girls in their empty room.
Some of the very first pictures I ever took in San Francisco circa 2010:









I love you San Francisco, I promise to visit you again someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment